Geltor’s mission is to improve billions of lives through biodesign. The company was founded in 2015 by Alex Lorestani and Nick Ouzounov, who developed the technology to rapidly enable advances in biotechnology to make kinder, more sustainable consumer products possible: from skincare, to food and beverage and beyond. Geltor’s growing portfolio of 100% animal-free, sustainably cultivated ingredients can be found in consumer products used by millions across the U.S., Asia, and Europe, and have been recognized for excellence in the CEW Beauty Awards and the Indie Beauty Awards.
Geltor is the conscious biodesign company creating the world’s most advanced designer proteins. They start by imagining and deeply exploring nature’s tree of life and combine biology, protein optimization, and fermentation to create sustainable, high-performance consumer proteins with optimal functionality and benefits for consumer packaged goods. These proteins are 100% animal-free, globally scalable, and sustainably cultivated. Geltor works with results-oriented, forward-thinking manufacturers and consumer brands with global scale in the beauty, nutraceuticals, and food/beverage sectors who desire highly-differentiated, 100% animal-free and sustainable, science-based ingredient technologies.
- Providing a premium animal-free alternative for animal-derived ingredients (eg. collagens)
- Ingredients produced with significantly reduced environmental impacts compared to animal sourcing
- Providing consumers with pure and highly functional, clinically-proven bioactive ingredients
- Using state-of-the art technology to disrupt the current production of gelatin
- Developing new products based on bio technology
- Entering different fields beyond food, cosmetics and medicine