The modern consumer is conscious and well informed about the ingredients in its food. Particularly additives are expected to be natural and supposed to reflect personal dietary choices, without taking a toll on the quality and appearance of the food product. Within the trending segments of processed plant-based food, these requirements put a pressure on particularly food colorants, since traditional natural colorants cannot live up to the standards of neither the Industry nor the consumer.
Current natural colorants either struggle with limited stability, an odd off-taste or challenges In the supply chain, since they are often extracted from raw materials depending on classical agriculture.
Chromologics Is rethinking production of natural food colorants by Introducing a fermentation derived colorant that will close the gap between the Industry demand of performance and the consumers demand for sustainable and vegan eating.
Chromologics seeks to revolutionize the food Industry by Introducing fermentation-derived food colorants to the food supply chain. We want to move the production of natural food colorants away from the field into the lab. Our colorants are not only high performing and cost competitive, but also more sustainable than current color solutions. All our colorants are vegan. By using precision fermentation technology, Chromologics optimizes the colorful potential of nature.
- Recovering agricultural space by moving food color production away from agriculture and into the lab
- Stop food waste by using high value foods for color extraction
- Be a first mover in introducing fungal pigments into the food supply chain
- Our products cater directly to plant-based products, as no current other natural colorant can completely satisfy their needs
- Stable supply chain and cost-effectiveness thanks to biotechnological production strategy